School Field Trips – Getting there is half the fun!
Village Travel is the company to call when it’s time for your next school field trip. Whether your school group is traveling across the state, or across the country, our quality charter buses will give your students a safe comfortable ride.
We understand one of the most important factors when choosing a bus company is the price. In fact, it may be the primary factor. Village drives hundreds of school field trips per year so we know how to get you there safely at a competitive price.
Nationwide Field Trip Charter Bus Travel
Village Travel provides field trip charter buses for schools all over the U.S. We can transport your class to popular destinations across town or across the country. Our field trip charter bus service is frequently used by schools in these states:
Why Choose Village Travel?
- Village Travel is one of the only companies in the area that provides twice what our liability insurance requires. We carry 10 million dollars in coverage for the unlikely event of an accident.
- All drivers are required to pass an extensive background check.
- All drivers are properly trained in safety and customer service.
- Drivers attend safety classes every other month put on by our own Safety Director.
- All buses go through a 116-point safety and roadworthiness inspection every five thousand miles (about once a month).
- We offer deluxe coaches which have 110-volt outlets and Wi-Fi, and standard coaches (minus outlets and Wi-Fi).
- With either bus, rest assured you are traveling on safe, comfortable, and immaculately-maintained equipment.
- We service and maintain our own vehicles which means even the smallest issue gets taken care of immediately.
What To Know When You Compare Field Trip Charter Bus Quotes
- Make sure all companies quote your trip with the same miles. If you call to get a quote for your event but do not have an itinerary, we may add additional miles to get you back and forth to lunch or other locations we don’t know about yet. Because we charge by the day or the mile, whichever is greater, this sometimes increases the price. If we have an itinerary to quote from, we do not add miles beyond what you requested. However, sometimes our competitors will quote the price with no extra miles knowing they will be cheaper in the beginning even though they will charge you the extra miles once you return. Always make sure you are comparing “apples to apples.”
- Come look at the bus. We urge our customers to come by and take a look at the exact bus they will be traveling on. Be sure to do this regardless of what company you choose. If a company tells you a specific bus is on the road and they can’t give you a date when it will be back, be concerned. Looking at the bus before your trip is an acceptable request. We welcome visitors at any time. Also, if you do visit before your trip, make note of the plate number on the bus to assure you get the same one.
- Do you need Wi-Fi or 110-volt plugins? If so, make sure all companies provide these amenities when you book your charter.
- Driver hotel nights. If the trip will be overnight, ask charter companies to note whether the price includes/excludes the driver’s nightly hotel fee. This is often a big reason for a price difference.
- Built-in gratuity? Village does not add in a gratuity for the driver, but some companies do. If you’d like to tip our hardworking drivers, you are welcome to but it is certainly not required (or expected) for school field trips.
- Pay before you go? Does the bus company require you to pay upfront? For most schools, Village allows you to pay after returning from your trip.
- Cancellation policy. Cancellation policies vary from company to company. Always ask so you know what to expect in the case of an unexpected delay or cancellation.
- Fleet size. Village offers buses to comfortably accommodate parties as small as 27 and as large as 56. Whether you need one small motorcoach, or several large buses, we have you covered with a large fleet of over 100. Planning a field trip? Take a look at our fleet and call us today (800) 333-0312.